- Category: Widget
- Published on Tuesday, 15 July 2014 11:48
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 52
Staten Island Commercial Banks Shares Tips For Avoiding ‘Anti-Aging’ Product Scams
Victory State Bank looks to FBI for red flags of product fraud
Scammers are always trying to dig into consumer wallets. This is why we all need to be diligent about potential fraud.
Are you showing signs of aging? As the years pass, it’s only natural. What isn’t natural, however, are the rip-offs perpetrated by thieves who claim they can make you look years younger.
With this in mind, Victory State Bank is sharing the following tips from the FBI on how to avoid fraudulent “anti-aging” products:
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Watch out for “Secret Formulas” or “Breakthroughs.”
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions about the product. Find out exactly what it should and should not do for you.
- Research a product thoroughly before buying it. Call the Better Business Bureau to find out if other people have complained about the product.
- Be wary of products that claim to cure a wide variety of illnesses — particularly serious ones — that don’t appear to be related.
- Be aware that testimonials and/or celebrity endorsements are often misleading.
- Be very careful of products that are marketed as having no side effects.
- Question products that are advertised as making visits to a physician unnecessary.
- Always consult your doctor before taking any dietary or nutritional supplement.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQB: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited onlinehttp://www.victorystatebank.com.