Put More Money Aside By Cutting Home-Energy Costs
When it comes to saving money or helping businesses expand, Victory State Bank can help.
But sometimes saving money can be as simple as following a few sensible cost-cutting tips. The following advice from the U.S. Department of Energy may help you conserve energy in your home, resulting in more dollars in your pocket:
· Install a programmable thermostat to keep your house comfortably warm in the winter and comfortably cool in the summer.
· Use compact fluorescent light bulbs with the ENERGY STAR® label.
· Air dry dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
· Turn off your computer and monitor when not in use.
· Plug home electronics, such as TVs and DVD players, into power strips; turn the power strips off when the equipment is not in use (TVs and DVDs in standby mode still use several watts of power).
· Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120°F.
· Take short showers instead of baths.
· Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
· Look for the ENERGY STAR label on home appliances and products.
ENERGY STAR products meet strict efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency.
Visit www.energysavers.gov for more energy-saving ideas.
Need banking advice? The experts at Victory State Bank can help.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com .
Relevant Public Relations, LLC