- Category: Widget
- Published: Thursday, 07 November 2013 10:23
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 37
Victory State Bank Points to Tips for Buying a New Car
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Buying or leasing a car can be an overwhelming process for first time or inexperienced shoppers. To help you make your purchase as efficient as possible, Victory State Bank recommends the following tips provided by the Federal Trade Commission:
- Check out different vehicles. Do your research first and compare vehicles. You can go to the website of every car manufacturer and review every model of car available. In fact, most manufacturer sites will even let you use drop down menus to “build” an electronic version of your dream car. Then, when you decide which model, colors, and accessories you want, you can hit the locate dealer button and find the closest showroom that has your car.
- Research the dealer’s price for the car and options. It’s easier to get the best price when you know what the dealer paid for a vehicle. The dealer invoice price is available at a number of websites and in printed pricing guides. Consumer Reportsprovides the wholesale price; this figure factors in dealer incentives from a manufacturer and is a more accurate estimate of what a dealer is paying for a vehicle.
- Special Discounts. Determine if you qualify for special discounts or rebates for military personnel, students or other qualifying groups.
- Negotiate. Negotiate up from the invoice price instead of down from the inflated price to get a good deal.
- Find out if the manufacturer is offering rebates that will lower the cost. Two websites that offer this information are Carsdirect.comAutopedia.com.
- Get price quotes from several dealers. Find out if the amounts quoted are the prices before or after rebates are deducted.
- Avoid low-value extrasextended warranties, rust proofing and upholstery finishes. You do not have to purchase credit insurance in order to get a loan.
- Hybrid-electric carsfuel economy, increased power, or additional auxiliary power.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com. .
Relevant Public Relations, LLC
Headquarters: 718 682 1509
Mobile: 917 715 8761