- Category: Widget
- Published: Monday, 26 January 2015 15:59
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 261
Victory State Bank Shares Safety Tips
Ahead of Approaching Blizzard
Staten Island Commercial Bank Highlights Advice From New York Governor
Staten Island, N.Y.(Jan. 26, 2015) – As Staten Islanders prepare for the approaching blizzard, Victory State Bank, the borough’s only community-based business bank is urging everyone to stay safe by following these tips from New York State Governor Andrew M. Cuomo:
IF YOU LOSE POWER:
- First, call your utility to determine area repair schedules.
- Turn off or unplug lights and appliances to prevent a circuit overload when service is restored. Leave one light on to indicate when power has been restored.
- If heat goes out during a winter storm, keep warm by closing off rooms you do not need.
OTHER HOME SAFETY TIPS:
- When removing snow and ice from driveways and sidewalks, stay clear of electric and natural gas meters to avoid damaging them, inadvertently disrupting service or putting yourself in danger.
Snow and ice can damage electric and natural gas meters, natural gas pipes and natural gas regulators, so never bury any of this equipment when shoveling, using a snow blower or plowing.
- When removing snow or ice from a roof, never let it fall on electric or natural gas meters or related equipment.
- Natural gas appliance chimneys and vents should be kept free of snow and ice to prevent the build-up of potentially-deadly carbon monoxide.
- Be prepared if you smell natural gas.
If you smell that distinctive sulfur-like odor – like the smell of rotten eggs – get up, get out and call your utility immediately from a cell phone or neighbor’s phone.
For more winter safety tips, visit the NYS Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services at http://www.dhses.ny.gov/oem/safety-info/publicsafety/winter.cfm.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQB: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.victorystatebank.com.