- Category: Widget
- Published on Monday, 29 September 2014 13:20
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 89
8 Ways to Avoid Health Care/Health Insurance Fraud
Commercial bank on Staten Island shares advice for averting scams
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s only community-based business bank, is reminding consumer that fraud comes in all shapes and sizes. One such form may approach in the guise of health insurance.
To protect yourself from becoming a victim of health care fraud or health insurance fraud, Victory State Bank suggests you follow these tips from the FBI:
- Never sign blank insurance claim forms.
- Never give blanket authorization to a medical provider to bill for services rendered.
- Ask your medical providers what they will charge and what you will be expected to pay out-of-pocket.
- Carefully review your insurer’s explanation of the benefits statement. Call your insurer and provider if you have questions.
- Do not do business with door-to-door or telephone salespeople who tell you that services of medical equipment are free.
- Give your insurance/Medicare identification only to those who have provided you with medical services.
- Keep accurate records of all health care appointments.
- Know if your physician ordered equipment for you.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQB: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.victorystatebank.com.