- Category: Widget
- Published: Thursday, 07 November 2013 10:03
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 29
Victory State Bank Shares Tips For Avoiding Health Care Fraud
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Being aware is the best way to protect yourself from health care fraud. Victory State Bank recommends always asking questions before agreeing to medical tests or procedures.
The federal Bureua of Investigation has provided the following Tips for Avoiding Health Care Fraud or Health Insurance Fraud:
- Never sign blank insurance claim forms.
- Never give blanket authorization to a medical provider to bill for services rendered.
- Ask your medical providers what they will charge and what you will be expected to pay out-of-pocket.
- Carefully review your insurer’s explanation of the benefits statement. Call your insurer and provider if you have questions.
- Do not do business with door-to-door or telephone salespeople who tell you that services of medical equipment are free.
- Give your insurance/Medicare identification only to those who have provided you with medical services.
- Keep accurate records of all health care appointments.
- Know if your physician ordered equipment for you.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com. .
Relevant Public Relations, LLC
Headquarters: 718 682 1509
Mobile: 917 715 8761