Victory State Bank: Don't Let Down Your Guard When It Comes to Saving Money
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Now that the holiday shopping season is in full swing, Victory State Bank offers this advice: Don’t let down your guard when it comes to saving money.
Black Friday and Small Business Saturday have passed, and Cyber Monday will soon be a memory. But this doesn’t mean the best values on holiday shopping are gone.
The bank points to the following suggestions from the Federal Trade Commission for helping you get the best deals when shopping. The bottom line: Some extra research can really pay off.
· Set a Budget. Create a gift list and check it twice to help you stay on track and not overspend.
· Decide What Matters. Especially if you're buying gadgets, know what your "must-have" features are vs. those that are just nice to have.
· Use Search Engines. Type a company or product name into your search engine with terms like "review," "complaint" or "scam" to find out more about it.
· Read Reviews Online. Reviews from other people, experts, and columnists can give you an idea of how a product performs. But don't put all of your trust in one review.
· Consider Reputation. A brand's reputation for quality and good customer service can really pay off.
· Check Comparison Shopping Sites. They connect to many retailers selling the same product, sometimes at significantly different prices. Keep shipping costs in mind.
· Consider Coupons. Some companies offer discounts via e-mail, and some websites collect and list codes for free shipping and other discounts. Search for the store with terms like "discount," "coupon" or "free shipping."
· Read Return Policies. Not all stores have the same rules. Some charge fees for return shipping or restocking things like electronics.
· Decide How to Pay. When you shop online, credit cards can offer extra protections.
· Look for a Secure Checkout. Does the website start with https (the "s" stands for secure) when you're checking out?
· Learn more about researching products online at http://onguardonline.gov/articles/0027-comparing-products-online.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com .
Relevant Public Relations, LLC