Consider Your Business Activity When Choosing A Location
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – The location of your business could be a major factor in its success or failure.
As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank is suggesting that business owners consider the activity of their enterprise before opening or relocating their enterprise.
The bank points to the following questions offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) as a means of narrowing your location choices:
· Do your customers come to you?
· Do you have to go to your customers?
· Do you have employees?
· Do you manufacture products for distribution?
The SBA suggests that business owners consider the following:
· If your type of business depends heavily upon pedestrian or drive-by traffic, such as a florist, gift shop, or clothing boutique, you'll want to seek popular retail locations, such as a downtown area or a mall, where there are few restrictions on signs that can help attract passing customers.
· If customers typically seek your type of business, such as a child care service, beauty salon, or fitness center, you'll want to find space that is easily accessible from population centers, major roads and public transportation.
· If your customers do not typically come to you, other location factors may be more important than physical proximity to your customers.
· For example, if you conduct much of your business online, establishing a home-based business might be more desirable and economical than leasing commercial office space.
· If you manufacture products for distribution, an ideal location might be an industrial park near major transportation ports.
For additional SBA information on determining the best location for your business, log onto http://www.sba.gov/content/tips-choosing-business-location.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com .
Relevant Public Relations, LLC