Victory State Bank: Small Business Development Center Offer Free Business Guidance
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- Starting a business can be a challenge, but there is help on Staten Island. Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s only community-based commercial bank, believes small business owners can better prepare themselves for hurdles when equipped with useful knowledge.
One of the organizations providing free counseling to entrepreneurs is the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the College of Staten Island (CSI).
SBDCs are partnerships primarily between the government and colleges/universities. Administered by the Small Business Administration, SBDCs provide educational services for small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs.
The Facts About SBDCs
- The Staten Island SBDC is located on the campus of the College of Staten Island. The Island office also operates an SBDC location in Brooklyn, N.Y., which serves the communities of Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst and Dyker Heights.
- SBDCs are located in all 50 states as well as the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Territories. Operated state-wide or at a state region-wide level.
- There are 63 “lead” Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs)
- Lead organizations coordinate program services offered to small businesses through a network of subcenters and satellite locations in each state.
- Each center has a director, staff members, volunteers and part-time personnel
What is Offered?
- SBDC services include, but are not limited to, assisting small businesses with financial, marketing, production, organization, engineering and technical problems and feasibility studies.
- All services given at SBDCs are free and confidential.
- Additional low-cost training option is available.
- Assistance from an SBDC is available to anyone interested in beginning a small business for the first time or improving or expanding an existing small business, who cannot afford the services of a private consultant.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com .
Relevant Public Relations, LLC