- Category: Widget
- Published: Thursday, 07 November 2013 10:27
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 3
Victory State Bank: Cyber-Security Threats Are Real; Protect Your Business
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Victory State Bank is at the forefront of pioneer in protecting small businesses and other banking customers from cyber-security threats.
Broadband and information technology are powerful tools for small businesses to reach new markets and increase sales and productivity. Businesses must implement the best tools and tactics to protect themselves, their customers and their data against cyber attacks.
- With this in mind, Victory State Bank is pointing to 5 key cyber-security tips from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for protecting your small business:
- Train employees in security principles. Establish basic security practices and policies for employees, such as requiring strong passwords and establish appropriate Internet use guidelines that detail penalties for violating company cybersecurity
- Protect information, computers and networks from cyber attacks. Keep clean machines: having the latest security software, web browser and operating system are the best defences against viruses, malware and other online threats.
- Provide firewall security for your Internet connection. A firewall is a set of related programs that prevent outsiders from accessing data on a private network. Make sure the operating system’s firewall is enabled or install free firewall software available online.
- Create a mobile device action plan. Mobile devices can create significant security and management challenges. Require users to password protect the devices, encrypt their data and install security apps.
- Make back up copies of important business data and information. Regularly back up the data on all computers. If possible, backup data automatically and store the copies either offsite or in the cloud.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com.
Media Contact: Barton Horowitz