- Category: Widget
- Published: Monday, 03 March 2014 15:47
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 60
Shopping by Phone, Mail or Online
Staten Island’s only community-based business bank points to smart online shopping practices.
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Shopping on the Internet can save time, energy, and occasionally, money. However, because you cannot see the merchandise, it is important to be extra cautious when shopping online. The Federal Trade Commission recommends smart buying practices.
Tips for Shopping by Phone, Mail or Online
- Consider your experience with the company or its general reputation before you order. If you've never heard of the seller, check on its physical location and reputation with the local Better Business Bureau or the state Attorney General's office.
- Ask about the company's refund and return policies, the product's availability and the total cost of your order before you place your order.
- Get a shipment date.
- Keep records of your order, such as the ad or catalog from which you ordered; the company's name, address and phone number; any shipment representation the company made to you and when it made it; the date of your order; a copy of the order form you sent to the company or, if you're ordering by phone, a list of the items and their stock codes and the order confirmation code; your canceled check or the charge or debit statement showing the charge for your order; and any communications to or from the company.
- Track your purchases. When you order online, keep printouts of the web pages with the details of the transaction, including the merchant's return policies, in case you're not satisfied.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTC: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com.