Beware of Bogus Online Shops, Victory State Bank Warns
STATEN ISLAND – These days, shopping on the Internet has become common practice for many of us. However, not knowing enough about the company you are buying from could make you a victim of fraud.
In order to reduce your chances of being ripped-off by an online business scam, Victory State Banks suggests you follow these tips from the Federal Bureau of Investigation:
- Purchase merchandise from reputable dealers or establishments.
- Obtain a physical address rather than simply a post office box and a telephone number, and call the seller to see if the telephone number is correct and working.
- Send an e-mail to the seller to make sure the e-mail address is active, and be wary of those that utilize free e-mail services where a credit card wasn’t required to open the account.
- Consider not purchasing from sellers who won’t provide you with this type of information.
- Purchase merchandise directly from the individual/company that holds the trademark, copyright, or patent.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com .