5 Social Media Mistakes You Can Easily Avoid
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Time is money. This cliché is especially true if you run a professional practice or other type of business.
In today’s world, a lot of time is spent in the online world of blogs and social media. Victory State Bank suggests entrepreneurs take best advantage of the time they spend online by following a brief bit of advice from Relevant Public Relations President and Staten Islander Barton Horowitz.
In his company blog, Horowitz writes:
Social media sites are like pharmaceuticals: They need to be tested to make sure they perform as intended – and work safely.
Each of these online venues is still relatively new, and their long-term influence – or side effects -- on business and society will not be known until years or even decades from now.
In the mean time, there are some things business people should avoid when communicating through any social media platforms.
1) DO NOT use your business’ social-networking Website for anything other than business.
2) DO NOT allow comments or photos to be posted on your company’s social-media pages prior to being screened for unsightliness, expletives, spam or other undesirable content.
3) DO NOT post useless information.
4) DO NOT brag, over-market or state flattering falsehoods about your business, or disparage your competition.
5) DO NOT forget to integrate your social media pages into other marketing, public relations or advertising initiatives you may have.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com .
Relevant PR leads businesses, professional practices and organizations to greater heights by integrating all marketing and PR needs into a single efficiently run operation.
Relevant Public Relation’s custom-designed branding strategies succeed due to an innovative recipe of press releases; traditional, digital and broadcast-news distribution; social-media management; Website and blog content; e-mail marketing; commercial copywriting, and more.
Whether you require a single press release, a multimedia campaign or the information on your company brochure or Website professionally written, edited or updated, Relevant Public Relations can help.