Are You Savvy Enough About Social Media?
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — When combined with a professional public relations initiative, social media marketing can be a powerful, cost-effective component of a business’s growth strategy. This is why Victory State Bank is suggesting that businesses on Staten Island become as familiar as possible with savvy social-media marketing strategies.
Barton Horowitz, president of Relevant Public Relations LLC, a premier public relations and marketing firm headquartered on the Island, offers the following advice to business owners and executives seeking to achieve the greatest benefit from their social media efforts:
1. Create ‘branded’ online locations, and tie them to an intended destination.
2. Locate your target audience.
3. Attract attention by providing useful information.
4. Direct your target audience to your intended destination (preferably, your Web site and blog)
5. Supply them with the information that was promised.
6. Reach out online to people who can affect your business in a positive way, and to whom you can return the favor.
7. Provide more benefits than those you are receiving.
8. Be cautious about how often you promote your business.
9. Create and utilize a blog on a regular basis.
10. No.1 social media rule for businesses: Don’t Be Annoying.
“It is extremely important to present your business brand as a useful source of information when posting on social media sites,” Horowitz said. “If all or most of your comments come across as advertisements, others in your online community will become less interested in what you have to say.”
Obviously, you need to get the word out about your products and services, but try to limit your overt elevator pitches to no more than 10 or 15 percent of your postings, Horowitz advises.
“If most of the advice you provide within the remaining 85 or 90 percent is related to your field and expertise, your Internet audience will get the hint,” he said. “They will embrace the information while acquiring an understanding of your services.”
About Relevant Public Relations LLC
Relevant Public Relations LLC (Relevant PR), “Where Success is Written®,” is a New York City-based multimedia public relations and marketing company with local, national and global reach. The firm’s founder and president, Barton Horowitz, is a SBA Champion of the Year Award winner.
Economically headquartered in the New York City borough of Staten Island, Relevant PR leads businesses, professional practices and organizations to greater heights by cost-effectively integrating all marketing and PR needs into a single efficiently run operation.
Relevant Public Relation’s custom-designed branding strategies succeed due to an innovative recipe of press releases; traditional, digital and broadcast-news distribution; social-media management; Website and blog content; e-mail marketing; commercial copywriting, and more.
Whether your enterprise requires a single press release, a multimedia campaign or the information on a company brochure or Website professionally written, edited or updated, Relevant Public Relations is the right choice.