Victory State Bank Advises Consumers To Read Warranties
Before Making A Purchase
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Being a smart consumer in a world with so many products and services can be intimidating. With so many options available, it is easy to get overwhelmed with major purchase decisions.
Victory State Bank reminds its customers that, beyond the product itself, you should also be concerned about the type of customer service the manufacturer or retailer has provided in the past. Be sure to ask about service, return and refund policies, other fees, and the manufacturer warranties.
Be sure to read all of the papers before you sign contracts. Don't sign contracts with blank spaces to be filled in later.
Beware of extra fees added to the price of your purchase. As a savvy consumer, you should always be on the alert for shady deals and scams.
USA.GOV provides the following consumer-protection tips to avoid becoming a victim of fraud:
- Be wary of promises to fix your credit problems, low-interest credit cards, risk-free investments, or deal that let you skip credit card payments.
- Extended warranties and service contracts are rarely worth what you pay for them
- There is no universal three-day cooling-off period; don’t be misled, there is no automatic three days to cancel a purchase.
- Don’t share personal information with someone you don’t trust.
- Get a second opinion to prevent costly mistakes.
- Don’t buy under stress.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at http://www.victorystatebank.com .