- Category: Widget
- Published: Thursday, 07 November 2013 10:24
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 123
Victory State Bank Points to Insurance Scam Warning
Victory State Bank would like to provide the following warning from the Federal Trade Commission:
Many people are ready to enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace, allowing them to choose health coverage that meets their needs and budget.
Unfortunately, there are scam artists ready to take advantage of you. They ask for personal information and other details to then take your money.
The Federal Trade Commission has already received reports about scams in which people call to offer discounted health plans and enrollment discounts.
Protect yourself against fraud
Follow these guidelines to protect yourself against fraud and scams:
- Ignore calls from people who say they’re government officials who want you to verify or give out personal information.
- Identify the types of calls from scam artists to reject them.
- Do not respond to calls from people offering to help you choose or enroll in a health insurance plan.
- Avoid sharing your bank account, credit card or Social Security number to people who say they’re with the Health Insurance Marketplace.
To report a scam or report someone for fraud, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission or call 1-877-382-4357.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com. .
Relevant Public Relations, LLC
Headquarters: 718 682 1509
Mobile: 917 715 8761