- Category: Widget
- Published: Thursday, 07 November 2013 10:03
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 212
Victory State Bank Shares 9 Tips For Protecting Your Bank Account
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – It’s quite obvious that personal and business banking information need to be secured at all times. Victory State Bank works hard and responsibly to protect the private data of its customers.
When it comes to protecting a bank account, there are additional steps you can follow to ensure the safety of your bank account.
Victory State Bank suggests you following these security tips from the New York State Department of Financial Services:
- Be careful about the type of information you provide on your personal checks. Never print your driver's license number or your Social Security number on your checks.
- Balance your checkbook and read your statement every month to check for errors and avoid overdraft or "bounced checks." Immediately report any errors you find.
- An ATM card can sometimes be used to make purchases as a debit card linked to your checking or savings account. Remember that it is not a credit card and money spent will be deducted almost immediately from the bank account to which it is attached.
- Exercise caution when making ATM withdrawals, particularly from a machine that is located in a non-bank environment, such as a grocery store, deli or shopping mall. These locations are not regulated by the Department of Financial Services.
- Choose a PIN that is unique. Don't use your birthday, social security or another obvious number. Don't use your mother's actual maiden name. When asked, substitute a different password.
- Never store your PIN with your ATM card and never give out your PIN number to anyone.
- Before proceeding with a transaction, look around to see if you see anyone who may arouse your slightest suspicion. Use your free hand to cover the ATM keyboard while you type your PIN number.
- Never leave your transaction receipts behind at the ATM.
- If your card is lost or stolen or if you suspect it is being used fraudulently contact your bank and then contact the three credit reporting agencies to put a fraud alert on the card.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com.