- Category: Widget
- Published: Thursday, 07 November 2013 10:15
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 320
Victory State Bank: Examine Future Costs Before Buying An Appliance
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – If you are in the market for a new home appliance – and want to save on future expenses – Victory State Bank encourages you to shop wisely by following these tips from the Federal Trade Commission:
- Measure. Make sure the space you’ve got for an appliance is big enough to fit it, including room to open the door or lid fully and appropriate clearance for ventilation.
- Compare performance. Decide which features are important to you, and ask about how various models operate: Are they noisy? What safety features do they have? What about repair histories? How much water do they use? Expert reviews might be helpful. Online reviews also can help you spot common complaints, but don’t put all your faith in any one review. Try searching for the company or product’s name with words like “review” or “complaint.”
- Look at the energy use. This is where the EnergyGuide label comes in handy. It lets you compare the energy use of similar models. The difference on your monthly utility bill can be significant, especially when considered over the life of an appliance, and might make up for a higher purchase price on a more efficient model.
- Ask about special energy efficiency offers. Ask your salesperson or local utility for information on cash rebates, low-interest loans, or other incentive programs in your area for energy-efficient product purchases and how to qualify. Or visit DOE’s Energy Saver site at energysavers.gov.
About Victory State Bank:
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online http://www.victorystatebank.com.