- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 03 June 2015 13:20
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 241
4 Ways To Protect Against ID Theft
Commercial bank on Staten Island emphasizes importance of uninterrupted diligence
Never let down your guard when it comes to protecting yourself against identity theft, advises Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s only community-based business bank.
As it reminds consumers and business owners that protection of private data is a non-stop commitment, the bank is sharing the following advice from the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs:
1) Never give personal information over the phone, by email or text, or on social media sites, especially if you’re using a public computer or public Wi-Fi
2) Shred papers that have personal information.
3) Protect your computer, tablet, and smartphone against viruses and “malware” with security and firewall software.
4) Review your free credit report every year for unusual activity at annualcreditreport.com.
If you are a victim of identity theft, place a fraud alert on your credit report and report the theft to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) at ftc.gov/idtheft and your local police precinct.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.