- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 24 June 2015 17:51
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 219
5 Steps For Protecting Your Private Information Online
Consumers and business people should be proactive in protecting their private data online – and remember not to let down their guard, advises Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s only community-based business bank.
The bank points to the Department of Homeland Security, which urges Americans to take steps to keep themselves, their assets, and their personal information safe online.
The agency suggests Internet users leverage the following tips as part of a cybersecurity strategy:
1) Set strong passwords and don’t share them with anyone.
2) Keep your operating system, browser, and other critical software optimized by installing updates.
3) Maintain an open dialogue with your family, friends, and community about Internet safety.
4) Limit the amount of personal information you post online and use privacy settings to avoid sharing information widely.
5) Be cautious about what you receive or read online — if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.