- Category: Widget
- Published: Thursday, 25 June 2015 18:01
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 275
6 Tips For Protecting Your Credit Cards
Credit cards obviously are a commonly used payment tool for consumers and business operators alike. Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s only community based commercial bank, advises card users to take steps in protecting the funds tied to a credit card, charge card and debit card by utilizing these six tips from the Federal Trade Commission:
1) Never lend it to anyone.
2) Never sign a blank charge slip. Draw lines through blank spaces on charge slips above the total so the amount can’t be changed.
3) Never put your account number on the outside of an envelope or on a postcard.
4) Always be cautious about disclosing your account number on the telephone unless you know the person you’re dealing with represents a reputable company.
5) Carry only the cards you expect to use to minimize the damage of a potential loss or theft.
6) Always report lost or stolen credit cards, charge cards, and debit cards to the card issuers as soon as possible. Follow up with a letter that includes your account number, when you noticed the card was missing, and when you first reported the loss.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.