- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 29 July 2015 17:34
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 172
Staten Island Business Bank Advises Global Vacationers to Review Currency-Exchange Options
With the summer travel season in full swing, it’s a good time to review your currency-exchange options if you are planning to visit a foreign country, says Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s only community-based commercial bank.
Each country has its own currency or monetary system for buying and selling products and services.
The currency value for each country is based on many economic factors. When you travel internationally, you will want to have some of that country's currency on hand to buy products or services.
Prior to traveling, you should be aware that there are cash limits when traveling abroad or entering the United States.
- Look up the country or countries you plan to visit for their currency guidelines and country information.
- You may also want to learn how much money you can take out of and bring into the United States.
You have several options for purchasing currency for a foreign country:
- Currency conversion tools are available online to compare the value of your country's currency with the value of other countries' currencies.
- Check with your local bank or a travel agent before you travel to find out how to buy currency for the country or countries you plan to visit.
- Most large international airports or train stations have currency exchange booths, exchange vending machines, and ATMs. Some institutions may charge a fee or commission for the exchange service.
If you plan to use a credit card or ATM card abroad, contact your credit card company or your bank to find out if and where you can use your cards.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.