- Category: Widget
- Published: Friday, 21 August 2015 16:49
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 399
8 Tips for Avoiding Bogus ‘Anti-Aging’ Products
Money can buy a lot of things, but it can’t buy youth. Victory State Bank, however, has a strong hunch that many seniors do indeed get wiser with age – and this attribute can be a money protector.
The financial institution, Staten Island’s only community-based business bank, advises that seniors take advantage of their experience and wisdom when considering a purchase or weighing the claims of a marketer.
Scam artists commonly target seniors as victims in their schemes. Pitching “snake oil” products is not new. For seniors, fraudulent “anti-aging” products seem to proliferate.
The wise senior will likely want to embrace these tips from the FBI for avoiding such bogus products:
1) If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Watch out for “Secret Formulas” or “Breakthroughs.”
2) Don’t be afraid to ask questions about the product. Find out exactly what it should and should not do for you.
3) Research a product thoroughly before buying it. Call the Better Business Bureau to find out if other people have complained about the product.
4) Be wary of products that claim to cure a wide variety of illnesses — particularly serious ones — that don’t appear to be related.
5) Be aware that testimonials and/or celebrity endorsements are often misleading.
6) Be very careful of products that are marketed as having no side effects.
7) Question products that are advertised as making visits to a physician unnecessary.
8) Always consult your doctor before taking any dietary or nutritional supplement.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.