- Category: Widget
- Published: Tuesday, 25 August 2015 15:59
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 272
Tips for Cutting the Cost of a College Education
The cost of a higher education seems daunting, but Victory State Bank is pointing to strategies that may help lower the financial burden.
The financial institution, Staten Island’s only community-based business bank, suggests that students consider the following money-saving tips from the U.S. Department of Education:
1) Examine the possibility of attending a community college first and transferring after two years.
2) Look at your finances, your tuition/school costs, and borrow only what you need. Borrowing more than you need will cost you extra in the long run.
3) Explore scholarship opportunities
4) Consider getting a job while you attend school.
5) Learn about the differences between federal and private loans.
For more detailed information, visit http://www.ed.gov/blog/2013/07/5-tips-for-saving-on-college/.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.