- Category: Widget
- Published: Tuesday, 01 September 2015 12:54
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 305
Staten Island Business Bank Shares 5 Tips for Avoiding Counterfeit Prescription Drugs
With the cost of prescription drugs putting a significant dent in consumers’ wallets, people often jump at the opportunity to purchase their medications at discounted prices on the Internet, or elsewhere.
It seems wise to save money, but when it comes to buying prescription drugs, Victory State Bank urges consumers to carefully check the vender, as well as the medications, to ensure the products are legitimate.
The bank, Staten Island’s only community-based commercial bank, suggests consumers following these five tips from the FBI in order to avoid counterfeit prescriptions drugs:
1) Be mindful of appearance. Closely examine the packaging and lot numbers of prescription drugs and be alert to any changes from one prescription to the next.
2) Consult your pharmacist or physician if your prescription drug looks suspicious.
3) Alert your pharmacist and physician immediately if your medication causes adverse side effects or if your condition does not improve.
4) Use caution when purchasing drugs on the Internet. Do not purchase medications from unlicensed online distributors or those who sell medications without a prescription. Reputable online pharmacies will have a seal of approval called the Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Site (VIPPS), provided by the Association of Boards of Pharmacy in the United States.
5) Be aware that product promotions or cost reductions and other “special deals” may be associated with counterfeit product promotion.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.