- Category: Widget
- Published: Tuesday, 22 September 2015 15:49
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 281
5 Types of People or Companies That May Typically Look at Your Credit Report
There are a variety of companies or persons who may request a copy of a credit report. When it comes to your report, you should know who is making such requests, advises Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s only community-based business bank.
A credit report is a record of your credit history that includes information about your identity; your existing credit; your public financial record, and inquiries about you. Credit reports includes a list of companies or persons who recently requested a copy of your report.
Your credit report is important because lenders, insurers, employers, and others may obtain it from credit bureaus to assess how you manage financial responsibilities.
The following five types of people or companies, for example, may typically view your report:
1) Lenders may use your credit report information to decide whether you can get a loan and the terms you get for a loan (for example, the interest rate they will charge you).
2) Insurance companies may use the information to decide whether you can get insurance and to set the rates you will pay.
3) Employers may use your credit report, if you give them permission to do so, to decide whether to hire you.
4) Telephone and utility companies may use information in your credit report to decide whether to provide services to you.
5) Landlords may use the information to determine whether to rent an apartment to you.
You can get one free credit report every twelve months from each of the nationwide credit bureaus--Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion — by visiting AnnualCreditReport.com or calling (877) 322-8228. You will need to provide certain information to access your report, such as your name, address, Social Security number, and date of birth.
Find out more online by visiting the website of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.