- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 14 October 2015 12:28
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 144
Staten Island Business Bank Points to New SBA Cybersecurity Webpage as Valuable Resource
Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s only community-based commercial bank, sees the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) newly unveiled cybersecurity webpage as a valuable resource for small businesses.
The launching of the site, www.sba.gov/cybersecurity, coincides with the 12th Anniversary of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
The SBA launched the online tools and resources to highlight the importance of Cybersecurity at Work, and in recognition of President Obama's annual proclamation to educate Americans about cyberthreats and cybersafety.
The SBA cybersecurity webpage is a resource for small business owners to discover online courses, training opportunities, blogs and webinars, as well as learn cybersecurity information tips, including how to:
- Protect against viruses, spyware and other malicious code;
- Educate employees about cyberthreats;
- Safeguard Internet connections by using a firewall and encrypting information;
- Use best practices on payment cards, including shifting to more secure credit card payment technology known as "EMV."
· The website at www.sba.gov/cybersecurity also includes key steps to take if a firm is the victim of a cybersecurity attack, as well as links to tools from the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Communications Commission, and the Department of Commerce's National Institute of Standards and Technology.
· The SBA encourages small business employers to take the Cyber Security for Small Businesses web course for best practices on protecting businesses and customer information, and to visit www.sba.gov/cybersecurity for tips and resources on safeguarding data against cyberthreats.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.