- Category: Widget
- Published: Monday, 26 October 2015 14:28
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 229
5 Tips for Dealing with Spam
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, spam is unsolicited, usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses.
Spam may be more than an annoyance – it may also be a tool used in Internet crimes, warns Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s only community-based business bank.
Here are five tips for dealing with spam:
1) Don't open spam. Delete it unread.
2) Never respond to spam as this will confirm to the sender that it is a "live" email address.
3) Have a primary and secondary email address – one for people you know and one for all other purposes.
4) Avoid giving out your email address unless you know how it will be used.
5) Never purchase anything advertised through an unsolicited email.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.