- Category: Widget
- Published: Thursday, 29 October 2015 17:59
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 268
7 Tips for Protecting Children from Unsafe Toys
With the gift-giving season almost upon us, Victory State Bank is urging consumers to protect children from dangerous toys.
Staten Island’s only community-based commercial bank is sharing the advice of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), which reminds us that protecting children from unsafe toys is the responsibility of everyone.
Careful toy selection and proper supervision of children at play is still —and always will be — the best way to protect children from toy-related injuries, says the government agency.
Victory State Bank recommends following these CPSC tips when buying toys:
1) Choose toys with care.
2) Keep in mind the child’s age, interests and skill level.
3) Look for quality design and construction in all toys for all ages.
4) Make sure that all directions or instructions are clear to you and, when appropriate, to the child.
5) Plastic wrappings on toys should be discarded at once before they become deadly playthings.
6) Be a label reader. Look for and heed age recommendations, such as “Not recommended for children under three.”
7) Look for other safety labels including: “Flame retardant/Flame resistant” on fabric products and “Washable/hygienic materials” on stuffed toys and dolls.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.