- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 18 November 2015 16:43
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 284
4 Warning Signs of Shopping Scams
The Internet offers a convenient way to do your holiday shopping, but you are at risk every time you log on. Victory State Bank, Staten Island's only community-based commercial bank, reminds consumers to be diligent about cybersafety.
The bank is calling attention to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3), which warns of scams. To protect yourself, IC3 advises that you look out for red flags, such as:
1) New products or gift cards being sold on auction or classified advertisement websites where the price is significantly lower than any sales price in retail outlets.
2) “One day only” websites featuring the sale of specific items in high demand.
3) Phishing and scam e-mails, text messages, or phone calls that look or sound like they’re coming from a well-known retailer and that ask you to verify a credit card number or to update personal account information.
4) Gift card offers on social media sites claiming to be from major retailers – often, these offers are used to gain access to your social media account and personal information.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.