- Category: Widget
- Published: Monday, 30 November 2015 13:37
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 241
Free Program Aims to Protect Portable Valuables From Thieves
Victory State Bank advises consumers to safeguard their belongings by making it more difficult for thieves to sell stolen items.
Staten Island's only community-based commercial bank recommends taking advantage of Operation Identification, a service offered free of charge by the New York City Police Department.
The program involves engraving an identifiable serial number with the letters N.Y.C. on all portable valuables such as computers, fax machines, copiers, etc., and registering only the number and the owner's name and address with the Police Department.
This program can be implemented by contacting your local Precinct's Crime Prevention Officer. The officer will loan you an engraver, which is used to mark all equipment. Benefits from this program include:
• Special New York City Police Department decals are issued which are affixed to windows alerting people that all property contained within, has been registered in this program.
• The marked property is more difficult for a thief to sell.
• Stolen property in the possession of a thief is easily traceable to its rightful owner.
• Found property can easily be identified and returned to the rightful owner.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.