- Category: Widget
- Published: Monday, 07 December 2015 16:53
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 228
Staten Island Commercial Bank Spotlights 7 Tips For Creating Good Financial Habits
There is little doubt that financial security can contribute to peace of mind. But how does one begin preparing for a sound financial foundation? According to Victory State Bank, a review of personal money-related habits is a good place start.
To encourage wise financial decisions, Staten Island's only community-based business bank suggests that people begin to establish good financial habits by following these tips from the American Bankers Association:
1) Pay yourself first. If you wait to see what's left over, you are less likely to save. Determine in advance how much money you plan to keep on deposit each month. If you receive a raise, increase the amount of money deposited into your savings account.
2) Take advantage of bank technology. Consider automatic payroll deductions or automatic transfer from checking to savings. Arrange to have a specific amount transferred to your savings account every pay period.
3) Pay your bills on time-and pay more than the minimum amount. Although 97 percent of Americans pay their bills on time, some consumers find themselves paying late fees. Alleviate the hassle by scheduling time once a month to pay bills, and put them in the mail with enough time to get to the creditor.
4) Determine needs versus wants. Do you need to eat out every day for lunch? Do you need that gourmet cup of coffee in the morning? By bringing your lunch to work a couple days a week, you can save hundreds of dollars a year.
5) Shop around. There are thousands of options for financial services products. Be selective, and get the best prices, services, convenient locations and lowest fees for credit cards, bank accounts, mortgages and CDs.
6) Consider investments. For long-term goals, such as saving for a home or retirement, look into bonds, mutual funds, real estate and stocks.
7) Consult your local bank. Ask which package of bank products and services would best suit your needs. Your banker is the best source of information about accounts and interest rates available at your bank.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.