- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 16 December 2015 16:05
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 244
Staten Island Business Bank Spotlights Online Sources for Safety-Recall Information
Keeping tabs on product recalls can help keep you and your family stay safe. With this in mind, Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s only community-based commercial bank, suggests you check that a manufacturer has not recalled a product – especially a used or secondhand one – before you purchase it.
If you are buying a product for a child, such as toys, clothing, cribs, and costume jewelry, be especially careful.
The following websites provide information on the latest on safety recalls:
- Recalls.gov lists government-initiated recalls from federal agencies. You can sign up for free e-mail notifications on recalls.
- Safercar.gov publishes safety information on vehicles and equipment such as children's car seats.
- FSIS.USDA.gov lists recalls that involve meat, sausage, poultry, and processed egg products.
- FDA.gov lists recalls that involve food (non-meat products; fruits; vegetables; seafood; shelled eggs; infant formulas), medicines, medical devices, cosmetics, biologics, radiation emitting products, veterinary drugs, and pet food.
- Foodsafety.gov publishes notices of food recalls and alerts from both the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- SaferProducts.gov allows you to report incidents and safety concerns with consumer products, and search for incidents reported by other consumers.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.