- Category: Widget
- Published: Tuesday, 22 December 2015 09:49
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 198
How to Respond When Your ID is Stolen
Continue safeguarding your personal data, during the hectic holiday season, advises Victory State Bank. Staten Island’s only community-based business bank is reminding consumers to stay diligent in protecting the financial identities throughout the year, including holidays time.
If you suspect your personal information has been breached, the financial institution urges you to take the following steps listed by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC):
1) Call the companies where you know fraud occurred.
2) Place a fraud alert and get your credit report.
3) Report identity theft to the FTC.
4) File a report with your local police department.
And then, begin to repair the damage:
1) Close new accounts opened in your name.
2) Remove bogus charges from your accounts.
3) Correct your credit report.
4) Consider adding an extended fraud alert or credit freeze.
For additional information on how to recover from identity theft, visit the FTC online.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.