- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 23 December 2015 11:28
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 301
5 Interesting Facts About New Year’s Eve
With tomorrow being Christmas Eve and 2015 approaching its conclusion, Victory State Bank asks: Have you given any thought to New Year’s Eve?
Staten Island’s only community-based commercial bank conjectures that the following New Year’s Eve insights from MarketResearch.com will provide you with some interesting facts for year-end discussions:
According to information gathered by MarketResearch.com, a provider of global market intelligence products and services:
1) The top three places in the United States to visit and celebrate New Year's Eve are Las Vegas, Disney World, and New York City.
2) The biggest international celebration is in Sydney, Australia. This celebration includes more than 80,000 fireworks set off over Sydney Harbour Bridge, with more than 1 million people in attendance to watch the show!
3) More than 360 million glasses of sparkling wine are consumed during the holiday season, and it's the biggest day for champagne consumption.
4) Only 50 percent of Americans make New Year's resolutions, and 25 percent of those give up their resolutions by the second week in January. The top New Year's resolutions include losing weight, eating healthier, exercising more, quitting smoking, sticking to a budget, saving money, getting more organized, finding a better job, and being a better person.
5) Not all celebrations end happily. More vehicles are stolen on New Year's Day than any other holiday according to the National Insurance Crime Bureau.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.