- Category: Widget
- Published: Tuesday, 19 January 2016 12:38
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 443
5 Tips for Avoiding Business Fraud
When a small-business owner places trust in a charlatan, it could cost him or her their enterprise and their livelihood.
Victory State Bank warns that scam artists pose a particular threat to unsuspecting entrepreneurs, and may use the Internet to achieve their criminal objectives,
To help protect operators of commercial concerns from business fraud, Staten Island’s only community-based business bank is sharing these tips from the FBI:
1) Purchase merchandise from reputable dealers or establishments.
2) Obtain a physical address rather than simply a post office box and a telephone number, and call the seller to see if the telephone number is correct and working.
3) Send an e-mail to the seller to make sure the e-mail address is active, and be wary of those that utilize free e-mail services where a credit card wasn’t required to open the account.
4) Consider not purchasing from sellers who won’t provide you with this type of information.
5) Purchase merchandise directly from the individual/company that holds the trademark, copyright, or patent.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.