- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 20 January 2016 15:29
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 406
7 Tips for Saving Your Money
It is said that money can’t buy happiness – but learning how to save money can help you manage life events and tackle unexpected emergencies.
The website MyMoney.gov advocates opening a bank or credit union account to make it simple and easy to save regularly. To underscore the importance of developing a saving habit, Victory State Bank, Staten Island’s’ only community-based business bank, is sharing these seven tips from MyMoney.gov
1) Start saving, form a savings habit, and pay yourself first!
2) Open and keep an account at a bank or credit union that meets your needs.
3) Track your savings and investments, and monitor what you own
4) Plan for short-term and long-term goals
5) Build up emergency savings for unexpected events
6) Consult with a qualified professional on investments and other key financial matters
7) Save for retirement, children’s education and other major items
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.