- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 16 March 2016 15:01
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 265
6 of the Federal Government's Best Mobile Apps
Victory State Bank recalls a time in the not-to-distant past when “apps” weren’t part of our vocabulary. But that has changed, with mobile apps now being convenient tools of the digital age.
Staten Island’s only community-based commercial bank points out that apps are not exclusively created by the private sector, as hundreds have been developed by the federal government.
Here are six government apps that are especially useful, according to USA.gov:
- Smart Traveler - Planning a trip out of the country this year? Smart Traveler by the State Department is great for all your trips abroad. Get the latest travel alerts and information on every country, including how to find and contact each U.S. Embassy.
- FoodKeeper - Ever wonder how long you should cook chicken or how long food can sit in the fridge before it goes bad? The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s FoodKeeper is the tool for you. Not only can you find resources on food safety and post reminders of how long food will remain safe to eat, you can also ask a food safety specialist questions 24/7.
- FEMA App - The FEMA app helps you learn how to prepare for and respond to disasters. It includes weather alerts, tips for building a basic emergency supply kit, and contact information for applying for assistance and finding local shelters and disaster recovery centers. Stay safe and know what to do when disasters happen.
- IRS2GO - Tax season is here. This IRS app can help you track the status of your refund, make a payment, or find tax preparation assistance, sometimes for free.
- CDC Influenza App-Stay on top of the flu this season and get the latest updates from this official Centers for Disease Control and Prevention app. It’s great for health practitioners, teachers, and parents, and includes tips for avoiding the flu and maps of influenza activity.
- Dwellr- Have you ever wondered what U.S. city might best suit you? Then the Dwellr app is just for you. When you first open the app, you’re guided through an interactive survey, to better understand your ideal places to live based on data gathered by the Census Bureau.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.