- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 23 March 2016 17:34
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 316
‘Europe Travel Alert’ Urges Vigilance
For American Travelers
In the wake of Tuesday’s terrorist attacks in Brussels, Victory State Bank is echoing the concerns of the U.S. State Department by sharing the U.S. government’s “Europe Travel Alert.”
The State Department is alerting American citizens to potential risks of travel to and throughout Europe following several terrorist attacks, including the March 22 attacks in Brussels claimed by ISIL.
Terrorist groups continue to plan near-term attacks throughout Europe, targeting sporting events, tourist sites, restaurants, and transportation. This Travel Alert expires on June 20, 2016.
Staten Island’s only community-based commercial bank is urging American travelers to follow the advice of the State Department in exercising vigilance when in public places or using mass transportation.
The State Department is reminding U.S. citizens to be aware of their immediate surroundings and avoid crowded places during their European visits; exercise particular caution during religious holidays and at large festivals or events, and:
- Follow the instructions of local authorities, especially in an emergency.
- Monitor media and local information sources and factor updated information into personal travel plans and activities.
- Be prepared for additional security screening and unexpected disruptions.
- Stay in touch with your family members and ensure they know how to reach you in the event of an emergency.
- Register in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
For further information:
- See the State Department's travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us the U.S. State Department on Twitter and Facebook.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.