- Category: Widget
- Published: Friday, 25 March 2016 10:44
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 264
Use Caution When Signing a Sales Agreement
If you are about to make a purchase that requires a contract, proceed carefully before you sign on the dotted line, advises Victory State Bank.
When considering an agreement with a seller, Staten Island’s only community-based business bank urges consumers to follow the advice of the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA): Research, negotiate, and review contracts carefully.
Before signing a contract, Victory State Bank suggests following these DCA tips:
1) Ask for and check references before you buy expensive merchandise or services.
2) Feel free to negotiate to try to get the best deal possible.
3) Always read contracts carefully before you sign them, and make sure all written documents include key details and match what you’ve been promised.
4) Walk away from sales efforts that are too aggressive or make you feel uncomfortable.
5) Never sign a document that you don’t understand
6) Never sign a document that has blanks that someone can fill in later.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.