- Category: Widget
- Published: Wednesday, 18 May 2016 17:44
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 87
7 Things to do if Your ATM or Debit Card is Stolen
If your ATM, debit or credit card has been lost or stolen, Victory State Bank advises that you immediately address the situation in order to avoid or diminish a resulting fraud.
The financial institution, Staten Island’s only community-based business bank, recommends that you take the following steps when your debit or credit card number is in jeopardy:
1) Contact your bank or credit card company to cancel your card and request a new one.
2) If you are a Victory State Bank customer and your ATM or debit card has been lost or stolen, call one of the bank’s branches during normal business hours. To report a lost Victory State Bank ATM or debit card during non-business hours, call 877-849-5533.
3) If you still have your card, but believe the card number or PIN have been compromised, respond as though the tangible card itself has been stolen.
4) Review your transactions regularly. Make sure no one misused your card.
5) If you find fraudulent charges, call the fraud department and get them removed.
6) If you have automatic payments set up, update them with your new card number.
7) Check your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com.
To further protect your ATM and debit cards, Victory State Bank advises following these tips from the Federal Trade Commission:
- Don't carry your PIN in your wallet, purse, or pocket — or write it on your ATM or debit card. Commit it to memory.
- Never write your PIN on the outside of a deposit slip, an envelope, or other papers that could be lost or looked at.
- Carefully check your ATM or debit card transactions; the funds for this item will be quickly transferred out of your checking or other deposit account.
- Periodically check your account activity, especially if you bank online. Compare the current balance and transactions on your statement to those you've recorded. Report any discrepancies to your card issuer immediately.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.