- Category: Widget
- Published: Tuesday, 28 June 2016 11:26
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 338
Business Bank on Staten Island Underscores Smart Ways to Save
Saving money is a habit that needs to be diligently forged, notes Victory State Bank. Staten Island’s only community-based commercial bank is highlighting the importance of saving regularly by echoing the sentiment of MyMoney.gov, which writes, “Saving is a key principle. People who make a habit of saving regularly, even saving small amounts, are well on their way to success.”
To support people on their mission of saving, Victory State Bank is sharing the following tips from MyMoney.gov:
1) Start saving, form a savings habit, and pay yourself first!
2) Open and keep an account at a bank or credit union that meets your needs.
3) Track your savings and investments, and monitor what you own
4) Plan for short-term and long-term goals
5) Build up emergency savings for unexpected events
6) Consult with a qualified professional on investments and other key financial matters
7) Save for retirement, children’s education and other major items
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.