- Category: Widget
- Published: Thursday, 11 August 2016 11:24
- Written by Isaac
- Hits: 284
5 Things to Do if Your Debit or Credit Card Number is Exposed to Thieves
Business bank on Staten Island shares consumer tips for dealing with a business breach
If your debit or credit card number is exposed when customers’ data at a business you deal with is breached, take immediate steps to protect your finances, advises Victory State Bank.
The financial institution, the only community-based business bank on Staten Island, say consumers whose card numbers are exposed should heed the following advice from the Federal Trade Commission:
1. Contact your bank or credit card company to cancel your card and request a new one.
2. Review your transactions regularly; make sure no one misused your card.
3. If you find fraudulent charges, call the fraud department and get them removed.
4. If you have automatic payments set up, update them with your new card number.
5. Check your credit report at annualcreditreport.com.
About Victory State Bank
VSB Bancorp, Inc. (OTCQX: VSBN) is the one-bank holding company for Victory State Bank. As Staten Island, N.Y.’s only community-based commercial bank, Victory State Bank operates five full-service locations on the Island: The main office in the community of Great Kills, and branches in the communities of West Brighton, St. George, Dongan Hills and Rosebank. For additional information, Victory State Bank may be reached at 718-979-1100 or visited online at www.VictoryStateBank.com.