This Internet Banking System brings together a combination of industry-approved security technologies to protect data for the bank and for you, our customer. It features password-controlled system entry, a VeriSign-issued Digital ID for the bank's server, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol for data encryption, and a router loaded with a firewall to regulate the inflow and outflow of server traffic.
Secure Access and Verifying User Authenticity
To begin a session with the bank's server, the user must key in a Log-in ID and a password. Our system, the Internet Banking System, uses a "3 strikes and you're out" lock-out mechanism to deter users from repeated login attempts. After three unsuccessful login attempts, the system locks the user out, requiring a phone call to the bank to verify the password before re-entry into the system. Upon successful login, the Digital ID from VeriSign, the experts in digital identification certificates, authenticates the user's identity and establishes a secure session with that visitor.
Secure Data Transfer
Once the server session is established, the user and the server are in a secured environment. Because the server has been certified as a 128-bit secure server by VeriSign, data traveling between the user and the server is encrypted with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. With SSL, data that travels between the bank and customer is encrypted and can only be decrypted with the public and private key pair. In short, the bank's server issues a public key to the end user's browser and creates a temporary private key. These two keys are the only combination possible for that session. When the session is complete, the keys expire and the whole process starts over when a new end user makes a server session.
Router and Firewall
Requests must filter through a router and firewall before they are permitted to reach the server. A router, a piece of hardware, works in conjunction with the firewall, a piece of software, to block and direct traffic coming to the server. The configuration begins by disallowing ALL traffic and then opens holes only when necessary to process acceptable data requests, such as retrieving web pages or sending customer requests to the bank.
Using the above technologies, your internet banking transactions are secure.
Internet Browser Selection We suggest the use of Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or newer, for your online banking. This browser uses 128-bit encryption and will also prevent sensitive information from being written onto your hard drive, making it virtually impossible for unauthorized users to access your information. Click on the link to download Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Special Information Applicable to Electronic (Internet) Banking
To better serve our Internet Banking customers:
- Victory State Bank requires customers to utilize specific passwords for access to confidential and private information. Victory State Bank reminds customers of their responsibility to safeguard login IDs and passwords. In addition, commercial customers should carefully screen those employees to whom user IDs and passwords are granted.
- Victory State Bank utilizes encryption, firewall, router, third party verification procedures and other sophisticated security software and hardware to help prevent unauthorized eavesdropping of and access to customers' confidential and private information. However, no one can guarantee that all of these measures will prevent unauthorized access to our data processing system and the data therein.
- Victory State Bank utilizes up-to-date computer virus protection software to help prevent the spread of computer viruses. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to prevent computer viruses from being spread to those who access our website.
- Victory State Bank utilizes "cookies" to help authenticate our customers' identities and to help facilitate the exchange of information between Victory State Bank systems and our customers' systems.
- Victory State Bank reminds all of our customers that confidential and private information may be compromised in both traditional and non-traditional banking activities. Victory State Bank can only establish policies and procedures to help restrict use of and access to confidential and private information. If any Victory State Bank customers believe that confidential and private information has been compromised, please contact Victory State Bank immediately so that the potential breach can be investigated.